Frugal Chat #6
How many of you save your butter containers, glass jars, and etc…..and reuse them for other purposes???
What do you use them for??? I know that the possibilities on this one are endless as well. SO many great uses from storing buttons and crafts to screws and nails etc..
I have made a list of items that I use and what I use them for
- We use butter containers as storage for freezer foods, crafts, leftovers and I use the glass jars for storing spices, bacon fat, pastas, also crafts,
- My hubby is on a lot of medicines due to his illnesses so we save all the empty pill containers and use those to store pins, needles, tacs, elastics etc….
- I like also using glass jars for my spices
- Cereal Bags are GREAT for wrapping food up and keeping it fresh
- Coffee containers make good storage for sugar and other dry goods, crayon pencils and a ton of other stuff..
- Certain ones can be used for Christmas cookies and other gifts to be gifted.
- And SO much more
Tip: Never reheat plastics in the microwave. I use them to store food but not reheat anything in
I hope you enjoyed this list and please feel free to add your own ideas in the comments below and I would be more than happy to add them to the list 🙂
Disclosure: I had the help of some awesome people to conduct these lists. I have a group where we discuss frugal topics and from that I am able to make these wonderful and informative blog posts. So thank you to everyone in our group