Frugal Chat #3
What are some FREE (or pretty close to it) activities that you can do with with your family?
- We like going to the beach in the summer, packing a picnic and staying there for the day..
- In the winter we like going for snowshoe walks and sliding or hiking in the summer on different trails around our home.
- In the fall we love collecting leaves then coming in the house to color and trace them
- In the spring, we all work together to get our yard cleaned for the summer and we all benefit from this!!!
- Hit up the parks for the kids to play and adults to chit chat!!!
- We grow a garden together as a family, it’s fun, almost free and we get to reap the rewards!!
- My son loves fishing (and secretly so do I), so it’s a matter of getting a license and packing a lunch for the day.
- Have a family night at home with snacks and movies
- You can always check out the library in your town
- Bike rides
- Campires, s’mores and stories
- Late night swimming
- A drive in the car to see where you end up
- Feeding the birds and ducks
- Have a game night with the family
- Host a BBQ or Potluck and tell everyone to bring a little something
- Water balloon fights
- We drive in the woods in the back of a pickup truck (so much fun)
- Picking berries and fruits & veggies around my home and land (currants, raspberries, apples, strawberries, fiddleheads, and more)
- and sooooo much more
So as you can see, this is a list to get you started, I hope it’s helpful and if there’s something you do as a family that’s free or pretty close to it, feel free to list it below and I will gladly add it to my list…
I would really love to hear what YOU and your family do for fun!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this list and please feel free to add your own ideas in the comments below and I would be more than happy to add them to the list 🙂
Disclosure: I had the help of some awesome people to conduct these lists. I have a group where we discuss frugal topics and from that I am able to make these wonderful and informative blog posts. So thank you to everyone in our group