Just like anything else in life, a little etiquette goes a long way. These are some common tips to take with you when you are out finding adventure while geocaching.
Remember that most of these are simply common sense and that you should always respect others while online and offline… And one last thing, don’t forget to HAVE FUN 🙂
So here is the list that I put together. Hope you enjoy and if there’s anything I forgot to mention, please feel free to mention it below in the comment section!!!
- Trade Fairly (Equal or up)
- Learn about Trackables, Tradables and Travel Bugs before you set out so you will know what to do if you ever find one
- Log what you pick up/move/track
- Keep trackables and travel bugs moving to their destiny
- Respect the environment and the laws & regulations of the area
- Use your common sense (always) if it looks danger, don’t do it. If it says KEEP OUT or PRIVATE, do not trespass
- Make sure to CITO when Geocaching. (Cache In Trash Out)
- Put all geocaches back the way you found it (unless you can see it fell from its hiding spot, then you can replace it where it should go)
- Notify the Cache owner if it needs any sort of maintenance
- Always keep it family friendly and please no weapons/food or illegal items in the caches
- As a cache owner, please keep up with your cache
- Beware of muggles (non-geocachers)
- Protect the integrity of the game
- And one last thing, ALWAYS bring a pen.. (trust me on this one haha)
I hope this list is clear and that you guys enjoy your geocaching experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me 🙂
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family, they might jump right in!!!!
- Like on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow us on YOUTUBE
- Find us on ETSY
Disclosure: We were given access to the premium features on this website to help ease our review. The views and opinions discussed above are solely of our own and are in no way, shape or form influenced by/from geocaching.com I absolutely love geocaching and wanted to tell everyone about it.