Today I felt like baking up a storm and one of the things I wanted to make was “frogs”. Now they have different names, some also call them macaroons, etc.. but they taste mostly the same. I also decided to dress them up a little bit… Stay tuned for that post at the bottom of this one 🙂
Let’s not waste any more time, here is the recipe:
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Butter
- 2/3 cups of Sugar or brown sugar
- 6 tbsp of Cocoa
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 5 cups of Oats
- 3 cups of Coconut
- Bring to a light boil on the stove ->The Milk, Butter, Sugar and Cocoa (This will make it look like melted chocolate)
- Then add the Vanilla, Oats and Coconut to the melted chocolate and remove from stove…
- Mix it all together really well then drop a spoonful of mixture onto a cookie sheet line with wax paper
- Let cool at room temperature (until they dry up a little) or you can put it into an air tight container in the fridge or freezer..
And there you have it, a tasty, simple and fast recipe that can be made and put out for guests in less than 45 mins..
Want to see how I turned these yummy treats into cute little bird nests? Check out my post HERE
Enjoy and please let us know if you try our recipes!!We love hearing from folks!!!!!
Comments are welcomed!
Holly & Jay