Cozy up from the cold this holiday season with the sumptuous taste of Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate. A world leader in Organic and Fair Trade chocolate, Green & Black’s has transformed your favourite holiday comfort food into indulgent, sophisticated fare. From Chocolate Pecan Pie, to rich Chicken Mole, or a chocolaty twist on classic Egg Nog, these new recipes are designed to warm you from the inside and delight your taste buds.
We love our sweets and that definitely includes chocolate! Dark chocolate isn’t a big favorite here but Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate has changed our minds! With their name symbolizing the strict organic standards they have and the intensity of their chocolate plus the fact that they’re a fair trade company. What’s not to love?
These tasty bars come in many delicious flavours. The ones we were asked to review are:
- Maya Gold: Rich dark chocolate with a twist of orange, nutmeg, cinnamon and just a hint of vanilla. Based on a traditional, spiced-chocolate drink from Belize, We’re proud to say Maya Gold was awarded with the U.K.’s first Fair trade mark in 1994.
- Toffee: delectable, buttery, smooth and crunchy organic toffee is made with a combination sugar, butter and molasses to create the perfect flavorful blend. This full, concentrated flavor allows the crunchy toffee pieces to punch their way through our intense 34% cocoa-rich milk chocolate beautifully!
- Milk Chocolate: creamy, sweet & savory. Rich in both cocoa and milk, they created a Milk Chocolate that balances the intensity of the cocoa with the relative sweetness of the milk.
- Ginger: 60% dark chocolate crystallized Chinese ginger. At first, the fiery, spicy, crystallized Chinese ginger stays locked away inside the 60% dark chocolate. But, as it melts, a hint of ginger finds its way to your palate. It’s a neat little party trick that’s fun to try again and again.
- White: (When it comes to white chocolate, I am very picky. I must say that this nailed it, so smooth and delicious, I am sure you will love it too). Made with cocoa butter & Organic milk with a blend of Madagascar vanilla. Cocoa butter, pressed from crushed cocoa beans, and organic whole milk give our White chocolate its wonderfully smooth texture. Then, we blend in Madagascan vanilla, which adds a deeper flavor, which, we think, white chocolate rarely achieves.
- Dark: 85% dark chocolate , We use 85% cocoa solids for an intense hit of cocoa. But, like everything we do, it’s balanced with just enough sugar to separate the bitterness and the acidity, resulting in an almost savory note. The organic vanilla naturally seasons the chocolate and softens its bitterness.
These are only a few of their flavors but you can see why our minds changed? Yum! You gotta try them for yourself to know just how good they are. You can make all sorts of recipes with them, just let your imagination run wild 🙂
Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate has definitely won us over which is why we wanted to share their products with you. We’re sure you will enjoy them and since Christmas is coming, they’d also make great stocking stuffers!
For more information about Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate please visit their