I seriously NEVER measure these things, I just cut up using my judgement and until there’s not much room left in the pot. We love stew and its even better the next day! (or if you have left overs, it freezes well also)
- Turnip (optional)
- Chicken stock (homemade of course)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Yellow or green beans (optional)
- Put the chicken on to boil in a large pot, filled half way with water. Add your spices to the water and let it boil until it’s cooked.
- In the meantime chop up your vegetables into the size you want.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the boiling water and cube it up. *Don’t throw away your water, this will be the base for your stew. It has all the delicious flavors blended into it.
- Then put all your vegetables and chicken into the pot and let it simmer for an hour or so, (I usually have it on 3-4 for the hour, stirring every now and then.