The #1 vacuum sealing system.
You may remember us reviewing the FoodSaver V2040 Vacuum Packaging System, well this is a newer, updated version. The foodSaver was created to remove air and extend freshness up to 5 times longer then your typical storage methods. It will save you so much money on food because you won’t be throwing anything out anymore. The FoodSaver 2 in 1 is great for those who have stainless steel appliances because it will fit it just perfectly.
Some of the features include:
- A drip tray to catch the overflow if liquids and has sensors to detect when it’s full. Simply empty the tray to resume.
- Has a hand-held vacuum sealer and marinator
- Built-in storages for bags (no longer need extra space to store the bags) and a cutter (no scissors required)
- Has a power cord storage area so there’s no cord hanging around
- Dry/Moist settings
- BPA-Free products
- Fits nicely with any decor
It’s so easy to use, simply insert the open end of the bag into vacuum channel and the foodsaver does the rest (vacuums, seals and shuts off automatically.) Best of all, the bags are microwavable, simply cut a corner of them to allow some air to get in while it’s thawing/cooking. Also, don’t forget that vacuum packaging is not a substitute for the heat process of canning. Perishables still need to be refrigerated or frozen.
Some Tips for using the FoodSaver 2 in 1
- It’s best to wait 20 seconds between seals to allow appliance time to cool down
- Empty the drip tray after each use
- Do not create your own side seams as they are already made for you
- When vacuum packaging items with sharp edges such as spaghetti and silverware, it’s best to use a canister or mason jar. If you don’t have either of these products, you can always wrap the edges in paper towels.
- Its best to pre-freeze fruits and blanch vegetables before packaging
- Avoid overfilling your bags, it’s always best to leave at least 4 inches of space between the food & the top of the seal….and about 1 inch for canisters and mason jars.
Over all we are So satisfied and happy with our FoodSaver 2 in 1. We are definitely going to recommend this product to everyone we know.
To find out more information on this and other great FoodSaver products, please visit their:
Disclosure: We received product(s) for free in exchange for an honest review, which may differ from yours. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we’ve used personally, and believe will be good for our readers.